Not a list of commercial gear providers, but a source of information that doesn’t always pop up with a Google search. Oriented to those who find pleasure in the planning as much as the walking.
- www.ramblefest.com – very useful for planning the walk, more so than the guides at times
- www.nationaltrail.co.uk – useful up to date information and news, official site
- www.ldwa.org.uk – perhaps I’ll skip the 100 mile day challenges, but a good reference site and organisation. They give out Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum certificates on completion for 5,10,15,19 paths too!
- www.southwestcoastpath.org.uk – unsurpassed source of information on the SWCP, great accommodation guide and dedicated team
- www.walkhighlands.co.uk – for Scotland and my next challenge
- www.thetrainline.com – hours of fun trying to find the cheapest tickets
- www.ramblingman.org.uk – similar to this blog, good on yer mate
I haven’t really found a definitive accommodation website for walkers. You have to do you research online using some of the above sites, which takes time. I have mixed feelings about TripAdvisor www.tripadvisor.com. On one hand I hope it contributes to the improvement of standards, on the other, I prefer the sweet surprise of an undiscovered gem.